We are looking for a smart, scrappy, and crazy organized Business Integrator who will unite all operating functions of the business, ensuring that everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Simply put, our vision is the “what” and the Business Integrator is in charge of figuring out the “how”. 👍🏽
Who We Are
At Paper & Coin, we’ve been empowering Canadian Millennials to gain financial control and confidence through 1:1 financial coaching services with our team of Certified Financial Planners, self-guided courses, and creative financial literacy content, including a beautifully-designed print magazine.
Now, we’re transitioning from a service-based company to a fintech SaaS company, helping people through our upcoming, all-in-one financial planning, tracking, and literacy app. It’s going to be unlike anything else in Canada.
We’re a small, but scrappy team of financial, marketing, design, and development pros that work remotely from across Canada. That means lots of messages on Slack, calls on Google Meet, and a team culture that’s built on transparency, communication, and trust. Oh, and plenty of memes, and the occasional UberEats team meals.
Who You Are
- You are organized AF. You’re that person that colour-codes and creates checklists, funnels, spreadsheets, and systems for everything. You’re all about finding the most efficient way to do something - working smarter not harder, and are effectively able manage various projects simultaneously.
- You’re a self-starter. When someone passes you the ball, you run with it. You can break down a big project into smaller, manageable tasks and assemble the puzzle pieces needed to pull it all together.
- You’re cool under pressure - able to manage stressful situations,
- You’re a strong communicator - able to articulate yourself clearly in writing and while speaking. You also know how to use emojis and memes effectively. 😜
- You are a strong manager. You know how to deal with different personality types and can find ways to motivate the team to stay on track while helping to cultivate and maintain a positive, healthy, and balanced work environment. 😎
- You’re tech-savvy. Asana. MailChimp. Slack. Shopify. These words aren’t foreign to you. You’re confident in navigating and mastering different project management and communication platforms, and are familiar and comfortable in the ever-evolving tech space. Bonus points if you have experience building tech products. 👨🏽💻
- You’re adaptable and teachable. Your tasks will change week-to-week as projects evolve and the team grows. You are someone who can adapt, think on the fly, and is open to learning and evolving. 📊
- You’re passionate about helping people! Bonus if you’re particularly interested in the financial technology space, and serving a Millennial and Gen Z community. 💵
- You’re kind. We’re a small, scrappy, and tight-knit team, and are obsessed with fostering a positive culture and healthy working relationships within our team. Bottom line: don’t be a jerk. 💕
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the CEO to report on the status of cross-departmental projects and assist with administrative tasks related to sales, strategy, and business development. 📈
- Oversee project planning and management, including leading strategic meetings, coordinating staff and internal resources, creating work-back schedules, tracking project statuses and reporting for departmental leads. 👩🏽💻
- Ensure there is strong communication and alignment between marketing, product, and coaching teams. 👋🏽
- Optimize and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary.
- Conduct weekly stand-ups with the P&C team to check-in on project statuses. 💪🏼
How to Apply ✏️
Please email Victoria at email@example.com with your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile, and tell us what were some ways that you spent your time, energy, and money during 2020, and what you learned during that time?
- Part-Time (8-10 hours per week, to start); ability to add more hours and grow with the team as needs evolve.
- Location: Remote; Canada
- Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Start date: Late January 2021 / Early February 2021
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
At Paper & Coin, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our team members feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to help more people gain financial control and confidence. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.